Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Feb 2022 – hedgehog(s) on camera every night at feeder again Reply To: Feb 2022 – hedgehog(s) on camera every night at feeder again

Hi Nic

Love the thought of a fat frog ready to spawn given the right visitors, hopefully you’ll get some tadpoles swimming about in a month or so if they do.

The camera which I repositioned now I’ve checked the bottom feeder is only visited by hogs has recorded a pair of quite small looking hogs doing the circular dance the last two nights. Well over an hour each time of persistent attention being shrugged off by an unwilling participant. Lot of pics of this to delete, have abandoned for now as takes so long. Makes you wonder how they ever reproduce/find time to eat.

Did you try putting one or two objects near the feeder to put off the rats, an old shoe, small garden tool or something as it’s recommended because they’re suspicious of change. Move each night so they’re always different. Your one eyed rat has been around a while.

I have a female blackbird & a robin who both come to ask for food, Mrs B is very demanding & leaves me in no doubt what she wants, Usually she appears at dusk when I fill the hanging feeders ready for the following day, clucking away & landing in the tree just next to me.

Hedgehog