Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Feb 2022 – hedgehog(s) on camera every night at feeder again Reply To: Feb 2022 – hedgehog(s) on camera every night at feeder again

Hi Mags

You have the same feeder as me I think, be interesting to hear if the new tunnels help. I was determined to make my own deterrent for my feeder & so glad it works at last. I cut a double layer of vinyl flooring to fit in the central area where the food dishes go, makes cleaning up muddy paw prints & poo simpler, just lift it out each day (& it helps stop water freezing in the little dish I put between the food dishes).

I also bought their Eco Snug box as an additional feeder They refer to it as a hedgehog house but it’s actually quite unsuitable for that as it’s far too small & extremely vulnerable to predators but OK as a shelter from the weather & as a feeder. An assortment of plant pots, bricks & proximity to a fence make it cat proof & it does good business in the hedgehog (& mouse) community.

My original feeder was an inverted plastic storage tub somebody dumped in the street, it seemed to work well but I may well have had cats going in it & didn’t realise, it was early in my hedgehog feeding days. It’s much easier keeping the Riverside box clean as you say.

I also have the Riverside Gold nestbox which is occupied by a fairly large hedgehog who comes trundling out each evening as the light goes down.

Hedgehog