Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Poo Reply To: Poo

hi Nic, spoke too soon as this morning I had to clean up a bit of poo inside the feeder. My trailcam is usually inside the feeder but I had set it up outside last night and did see two hogs having a bit of a rugby scrum near the entrance. We had wondered if there was a bit of ‘nervous stress’ related to the amount of poo my sister finds in her feeder. She regularly has 2 hogs in at a time, although they are usually quite accepting of each other and she has sent me several clips of two hogs peacefully eating side by side. Although she has a real action clip of two peacefully sharing supper when a 3rd gatecrashed – instant mayhem with food flying. The only times I have footage of more than one inside the feeder there is snorting/hissing and some shoving. And one occasion where I suspect it was a male sniffing round a female for about an hour, while she sat on the food dish frowning and snorting. Nice to see spring weather and warmth this week, although the forecast for next week is a bit wintry – the ‘lambing snow’ no doubt.

Hedgehog