Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat My neighbours are all gardening! Reply To: My neighbours are all gardening!

Nic

Hi Mags63

Yes, people usually say they will keep a look out, but I’m not sure how carefully. I live near a railway and have on many occasions in the past contacted them when they have notified their ‘neighbours’ that they were doing vegetation clearing. They always say they will keep a look out do an ecological survey, etc. but when you see them doing the work there is no sign that they check the vegetation just before work commences. If they have done one the day before the hogs could have moved. Part of the problem is that hedgehogs are not a protected species which means they don’t have to try as hard as they would if they were protected.

But re. notification about wildlife care for strimmers, see:
https://www.britishhedgehogs.org.uk/hedgehog-heroes-roll-honour/

Hedgehog