Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings re home a pregnant Hedgehog Reply To: re home a pregnant Hedgehog

Ah thank you for your reply 🙂 She moved out for one day. Her nest was sparse & made from an old duster with a small bit of straw attached. It was following this trail of straw which enabled us to find her. She has returned and made the nest much larger using the extra nesting material I left for her. She has blocked herself in completely. I have been watching her intently for the last two months and although I appreciate she may not be pregnant, she has grown experientially over this last month. Also she resembles the female who I think had hoglets last year who we captured on camera and although resembling miniature hedgehogs, when seen next to an adult it is clear they were babies. Is there anything I can do food wise if she does have her babies in the workshop? I have witnessed & read that they look for food during the day when they have babies in the nest. I don’t want to leave any food in the workshop with her nest as it might tempt the males to that area.

Hedgehog