Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings re home a pregnant Hedgehog Reply To: re home a pregnant Hedgehog

Nic

Hi wildaboutwhiskers

If she has been enlarging the nest she may be planning on having young ones there. They don’t tend to make very elaborate nests at this time of year otherwise. If there are both males and females around, it’s possible for a hog to have early hoglets.

Female hogs with young will venture out during the day, but whether it is to look for food or not, is another matter. They sometimes go out to get a break from the youngsters or if it’s hot, etc. Although, I suspect she would stay with them when they are very tiny. But that doesn’t mean she won’t go out at night as well once they are bit bigger. I would leave food where you normally leave it – that may be where she looks for it. The normal food, i.e. meaty hog/cat/dog food or cat/kitten biscuits and water should be fine.

You can put photos on the Gallery – accessed via the home page or for videos check out https://www.hedgehogstreet.org/my-hedgehog-street/your-hedgehog-videos/

Good luck. Fingers crossed for some hoglets!

Hedgehog