Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Injured Hedgehog Reply To: Injured Hedgehog

I went through this a couple of years ago, saw a hog dragging his back leg and was struggling to walk so caught him and put him in a box with food and water, next day i did ring a Hedgehog center who were not helpful at all and told me to take it to a vet who don’t charge for wild animals from the public, but they would them ?????? I did take it to a vet who were lovely but they kept an eye on him for a couple of days and then rang me up but sadly his injury’s were quite bad and had to put him to sleep, but at least they tried to help. Good luck in catching him tonight, i was a bit hesitant but wear gloves and it will be fine let me know how it goes Sue.

Hedgehog