Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Hibernating/nesting Reply To: Hibernating/nesting

Hi all,

I had a hedgehog come into my garden last Sunday in the morning frantically picking at the grass. I know a bit about hedgehogs but obviously not the ones found in the UK more the African types. So I assumed that is was a female building a nest to give birth. For the past few days I have only seen the one and set up a camera. I know they a solitary creatures but to my surprise this moring there were two of them. So I am guessing I was wrong, can someone please explain to me are they a mating pair maybe I have max a hedgehog hut but they have not moved in either Ihave tried placing food around but no takers.

Hedgehog