Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Feeding station or toilet? Reply To: Feeding station or toilet?

I too have found poop in their feeding box and have even found a prickly little friend asleep in there with their nose almost in a dollop of it, ewwww!
Yes, the ‘up the wall’ habit is also evident with the two hogs that visit our feeding station regularly. So much so, that my husband made an adjustment to the feeding station by making the base removable so that it is now much easier to clean out.
Despite their slightly unpleasant pooping habits and the odd inconvenience of stepping in it, I still find them to be one if the most adorable and endearing little creatures and would miss them so much if they stop visiting. They will always be welcome in my garden.

Hedgehog