Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Bird Feeder Ground Cages Reply To: Bird Feeder Ground Cages

Oh, Nic – those photos were awful! That was the size of mesh I was looking at ๐Ÿ™
There is a small size mesh (for sparrows, blue tits, robins etc) but it was the blackbirds/occasional thrush I was hoping to help as well as the smaller birds.
And aren’t I the hypocrite? Trying to bring awareness re: the dangers of strimmers etc but looking at buying something with a warning about risk to hedgehogs.
My only excuse is ‘Big Bird’ has turned my brain ๐Ÿ™ The crows, magpies feast like Kings on the bird food and had even worked out a way to get into the hedgehog feeding station early morning ๐Ÿ™ I have the fattest wood pigeons, collared doves in North Yorkshire. ‘All Creatures Great and Small’ (but the small are cheaper to feed in these times of financial constraint!)
Thank you as ever for your help and advice. Want to support the birds but the hedgehogs come first, so – no ground feeder cage.

Hedgehog