Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Bird Feeder Ground Cages Reply To: Bird Feeder Ground Cages

Last year I did buy one of the larger mesh cages so as to keep the seagulls, crows and pigeons out – not very successfully as the gulls still managed to stretch through the mesh. The cage did come with a hedgehog warning so I used to remove it every evening and only put it out during the day (not thinking of daytime hogs). But this year I have stopped using it altogether so no risk to any daytime hogs. A benefit to working from home is that I can chase larger birds away sometimes.

Hedgehog