Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales Squatters Rights Reply To: Squatters Rights

Nic

Hi 3Huts

Sounds like a typically perverse hog! Especially when there are some lovely clean huts nearby! I sometimes find them spending the day in my feed box, too, but they normally only stay a day or two. I usually manage to carefully extract the food bowl and the hogs usually do venture out during the night – presumably after claiming first-comer privilege to the new food!

Once the hog has vacated, I would make sure you give the box a good clean (using boiling water if it’s wooden) as if they are sleeping there, they could leave behind some ticks or parasite eggs.

Hedgehog