Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Looking for advise on my hedgehog house and feeding station. Reply To: Looking for advise on my hedgehog house and feeding station.

Ado

Hi Nic

Thank you very much for the info. Yes I do leave water out I clean the bowl and put fresh water in morning and night. I also put food out consisting of a bowl of caned hedgehog food (about a third of a can) plus a bowl of crunchie hedgehog food, a small amount of bakers complete dried dog food, a small amount of go cat, a small amount of dried meal worms, and a hand full of mixed nuts cut up or crushed they really seem to enjoy the nuts. Photos don’t seem to be allowed on here if the were I could have posted a couple to show you the set up I have at the moment.

Also a funny thing happened the other night, I also feed a family of foxes out the front of the house I have been doing this for around two years. Eating at one of the plates there were three foxes two cubs and one adult fox and a hedgehog, the hedgehopped didn’t seem at all bothered with the foxes nor the foxes with the hedgehog though I did go out and pick the hedgehog up and carefully carried him round the back of the house to were the hedgehog food and water is. I’m not sure if I did the right thing but he didn’t seem to mind.

Hedgehog