Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Feb 2022 – hedgehog(s) on camera every night at feeder again Reply To: Feb 2022 – hedgehog(s) on camera every night at feeder again

Busy in the feeder the last 2-3 weeks after a slightly quieter spell last month (hogs still came but ate a lot less food, hopefully because they found more natural food). This month the food is usually finished most nights and the trailcam in the feeder picks up lots of separate visits. Also noticed a hog around 3am today underneath the suet ball feeder, so presumably eating dropped bits. Until the last couple of days we have had a long dry spell, so perhaps less natural food in the dry conditions. There are a lot of cats here so I stopped putting out any food in the garden as they just finished it off during the night and, in the morning, seagulls and pigeons hoovered up any leftovers. If I put the trailcam outside I can see the moggies wandering around throughout the night.

Hedgehog