Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog tales New hog feeding, advice needed. Reply To: New hog feeding, advice needed.

Thanks for the info Nic.

The hog has been every night and have made sure that fresh food is out about 9.30-10. It seems to come around 11 now and comes back approx every 45 mins. Would that be an indication it’s a mum feeding hoglets?

My partner first noticed him a month or so ago and seems to have a route to follow. I would have it in the garden but the dogs would just never leave it alone. There is a gap in the bottom of out gate about 10cm so not sure if that would be big enough to get under.

I’ve tried some wet food tonight as something different so will see if that gets gobbled up. I’ve mentioned to a couple of the neighbours we have a visitor so hopefully we will get him a little highway going.

Hedgehog