Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Looking for advise on my hedgehog house and feeding station. Reply To: Looking for advise on my hedgehog house and feeding station.

Hi
I recently saw a hedgehog scamper down my side alley of the house. I spoke to one of my neighbors who said she has one visit her garden. I then did an Internet search to find out more about them, as one came to my back door. So far so good, I made a Feeding Box and bought a House. After a couple of nights sitting in the garden, I spotted one smallish Hog feeding…(I will invest in a trail camera) Yeah brilliant! But now for the last couple of nights I spotted 2 Hedgehogs, one quite big taking up all the room and eating the food, the other sat outside and couldn’t get in. I went back indoors to get a small plate of food but leaving it near the box, the hedgehog scampered off. My question is how do I make sure they all get some food (I now have 3 visiting coming from 2 different fence holes).

Hedgehog