Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Looking for advise on my hedgehog house and feeding station. Reply To: Looking for advise on my hedgehog house and feeding station.

Nic

Hi Dave024

A hog should be able to get through a 4inch square hole, but not if the thing the hole is in is too light and could move. I’m not sure what a poundland plant trough is like, but if it’s what I’m imagining, it would probably be too light and as the hog tried to squeeze in, the trough would move – which it sounds as if you are finding. Is it strong enough to, say, put bricks on top of it, which might make it harder to move? If it couldn’t move, the hog might find it easier to get in.

Some people use those see through plastic storage boxes, so that they can see the hog inside whilst it’s eating/drinking. But they would probably also need to be fixed in place somehow.

Good luck. I hope you find some solution which is safe and suits the hog. Happy hog watching!

Hedgehog