Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Feb 2022 – hedgehog(s) on camera every night at feeder again Reply To: Feb 2022 – hedgehog(s) on camera every night at feeder again

Hi Nic
Poor round frog, but maybe it’s because he was a round frog & wasn’t meant to be.

You have many different birds visiting, the benefit of having lots of plants for varied species I suspect, I tend to leave some things go to seed to see who turns up & last year had goldfinches in the winter eating the seeds. We used to live near a golf course with woodland surrounding it & had nuthatches, greenfinches & just about anything you can imagine but very different here.
Sparrows are here in huge numbers, so funny watching them bathing together, a robin uses the bath outside my kitchen early most mornings & is extremely enthusiastic leaping up & down with his wings held high above his little head.

Very glad ratty has departed, happily still none to see here but plenty of hog activity , judging by the baby poo plenty of babes too. There was a lot of huffing going on a week ago for hours, food was gone by morning so obviously there was a bit of eating time too!

Rain is desperately needed isn’t it, the ground is so hard I don’t know how all the animals including hedgehogs who eat worms etc are managing to find anything to eat. I keep rescuing wasps out of the bird baths, never seen them drinking in them before this year. The bird baths are refilled several times during the day, I know nobody round here puts water out so guessing there’s a big sign above our garden announcing the prescence of water front & back.

Hope your garden is still busy day & night.

Hedgehog