Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Is anyone seeing fewer heggies for the time of year? Reply To: Is anyone seeing fewer heggies for the time of year?

Hi, I was gifted a garden cam two weeks ago and to my excitement finally got to see footage of a hedgehog . It was very active over several nights and then 4 nights ago – nothing. The straw strand across the hedgehog house has not been disturbed and the food untouched. Surely it is far too soon (and too warm still) to be hibernating. Hedge is definitely in the house (I peeked and it seemed to flinch slightly) but I”m worried it may be unwell. Should I leave alone now or disturb it and take to a vet or Tiggywinkles. I guess I”m asking if the hedgehog hunkering down this early is unusual?
D

Hedgehog