Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Is anyone seeing fewer heggies for the time of year? Reply To: Is anyone seeing fewer heggies for the time of year?

Hi Nic, What a brilliantly informative post. It’s a steep learning curve with so many possibles. I was so enjoying checking my camera every morning and seeing the images of my hog pottering about in the night. It has been worrying since it (she – I found out later) suddenly stopped leaving the hedgehog house knowing that she hadn’t had any food or water in several days. I checked again this morning, and there was still movement so she was still with us. Anyway to cut a long story short, after contacting Tiggywinkles for advice
and they suggested/recommended I take her to them asap, it transpires she is suffering with a bad case of mange. Who would have thought? Having gone through a whole host of possibility’s prior to the diagnosis I have learned a lot more about these humble little creatures and the many things they are vulnerable to. Even more reason to look out for them. So the little hog is now in the care of Tiggywinkles and I will get weekly updates on her progress until she is released. My garden is empty now which is sad, but hopefully after I have given the hedgehog house a good clean and debug I may still get a new hedgehog check my garden out 🤞
I do hope so.

Hedgehog