Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Gone missing Reply To: Gone missing

The original occupant of the new Hedgehog House returned last night at 9.30pm and was hopping in and out of the house for several hours and ate the food I put out. It has a spot on its back quills that the camera picks out so I am pretty sure it is the same one. The previous two nights the camera picked up rats (big fat ones) and mice but no hogs. I live in a semi rural part of town with fields and woodland very close to the house so was not surprised to see the rats but I did move a planter growing mint next to the house and moved the food dish to the path – more in the open, although still very dark. The mice and hogs don’t seem to be worried by the mint plant but I am hoping it deters the rats.

Hedgehog