Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Feb 2022 – hedgehog(s) on camera every night at feeder again Reply To: Feb 2022 – hedgehog(s) on camera every night at feeder again

Nic

Hi Annie

It’s good to hear from you. Maybe your original reply got chucked out by Captcha. Sometimes they are, not always for any obvious reason.

It sounds as if you have even more starlings around there than here, although the other day about 40 descended onto my garden, which was quite enough! They were attracted by a fat square, but of course couldn’t all fit around it. The ones that did were squabbling vociferously!

That’s nice you still have hogs visiting regularly. I have one which turns up very occasionally (not always the same one), usually foraging on the grass, but have had to stop leaving food out just in case a hog turns up, because of the rat (it would just be feeding the rat). Still one rat appearing on video most nights despite lack of food. But, if I see a hog I leave a bit of food scattered on the grass the next night, but those nights the rat is always there and the hogs usually not. The rat is usually there earlier, too. Very frustrating.

Luckly squirrels! Glad they are enjoying the nuts in shells. A good idea to get stocked up with kitten biscuits – hope they last!

Hedgehog