Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat New Champions – any advice? Reply To: New Champions – any advice?

Hi Emily, I had to make a rough guess and then knock on houses! Everyone was very lovely though. It was only a small number of sightings though on the map, but that gradually led me to knock on other doors, as people talked about seeing their hedgehogs go to another garden. All in all I went to 8 doors and they were all very positive.
I then left it a few weeks and posted invites (asking for a rsvp) through the same doors plus a handful of immediate neighbours – 22 houses altogether. I had two emails from people who couldn’t come and nothing else.
So in spite of my good intentions we only had 6 people at our first meeting (that’s me, my husband and 4 other people)! Looking back I don’t know how I could have done it better – we are a very friendly village and people tens to know each other.
Anyway, the meeting was a great success and we have come up with a great plan of what to do next. Essentially we decided to focus on social media and I’ve just created a new page on Facebook. We are going to blast that with “tiggybacks” onto other local pages and also hook up with the local school.

How about you – how is it going at your end?

Hedgehog