Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Hog moved into the feeding station Reply To: Hog moved into the feeding station

Nic

Hi injeegirl

I’m guessing you’re new to the Forum, so welcome!

I wouldn’t worry too much about the hog, especially as he sounds a good weight. They do sometimes decide to sleep in food boxes and even hibernate in them. He probably thinks he’s on to a good thing having food and drink readily available! Also if he has chosen to sleep there, it was his choice, so he probably doesn’t mind about the activity in the area. Coming out during the day is slightly strange but might just be because the food is close. So I would be inclined to leave him be.

I’m not sure whether your camera is catching him out at night, but if so, just keep an eye on him to make sure he continues to look ok – is moving purposefully when he’s out, etc. Although there is a very small chance that he might still decide to hibernate for a while. But if you become worried about him at any time you can always contact one of your local carers and take their advice. You can get contact details for your nearests carers from BHPS on 01584 890801.

Good luck. I hope all goes well with the hog.

Hedgehog