Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings 23 February 2023 Hedgehog visitors are back. Reply To: 23 February 2023 Hedgehog visitors are back.

Hi Nic

Think I’ve been lucky so far re rats, but discovered this week that the tiny cat who regularly visits was getting into one of the feeders so has been well fed over winter! Adjusted the entrance & she can’t get in now. but the hogs have been there & emptied the dish the last few nights leaving me with telltale crumbs..

I surprised a good sized hedgehog in the week, went out just before dusk, lifted the lid to put the dishes in one of the feeders & he/she was waiting inside. Plonked the food down & he got stuck in. Then last night met the same one coming out of the hedgehog nest box, hay has been taken into it for several nights so at last he may be moving in after a whole winter of it being empty. By the marking on its back end it’s one of the year before last’s youngsters. It’s so cold, I wonder where this hog spent winter, hopefully he’ll decide to stick around now as each night he’s come out of the nestbox at dusk.

Hedgehog