Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Help! I’ve got rats. Reply To: Help! I’ve got rats.

Hi. I posted earlier with same problem. Tried everything, but nothing helping. Have tried copious amounts of peppermint oil, but not deterring rats. Tried wet cat food but they ate that. Stopped feeding birds. They love cat biscuits. Watched hog and rat routines. Hogs came earlier so left feeder out till 11.30, then took it in. Helped for a couple of days, but one rat got savvy and came earlier and no hogs! Unfortunately my neighbour has dense shrubbery and they are coming back and fro from there. Sadly, think only solution is to stop feeding temporarily.

Hedgehog