Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Help! I’ve got rats. Reply To: Help! I’ve got rats.

Thanks Nic. Been monitoring with camera. Putting feeder out at dusk and bringing back in before going to bed, so giving hogs a chance to eat early. Strangely, last night brought in at 11.45 pm, but food hadn’t been touched. Very wet and quite mild so wonder if they found more natural food. Put out again tonight with camera. We actually had a dead rat in our eaves about a month ago, so we are very cautious. We think we know how it got in. Have remedied and all been well since then, fingers crossed. I have had a word with my new neighbour and made her aware of hogs and rats. Hope I have discouraged her from rat poison. I think one small rat that was coming was maybe feeding babies. It was running into feeder, grabbing biscuit and running out the back of our garden. Back and fro dozens of times. Felt quite sorry for it. They are only trying to survive. But obviously have to discourage them.

Hedgehog