Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Help! I’ve got rats. Reply To: Help! I’ve got rats.

Nic

Hi Scoittiebear

I know what you mean re. the rats – they are only trying to feed their young ones and I wouldn’t want to harm them. Just wish they weren’t competing with the hogs for food, etc! So I usually try the deterrant route, too – although it doesn’t always work.

Well done talking to your neighbour re. the hogs (and rats!). Hopefully if you both try to deter the rats it might have more impact.

I still have no hogs back, here, but also haven’t seen any rats on the cameras, which is good! They have recently done a lot of work on a nearby railway, which might have put the hogs off, but I’m hoping one, or some will turn up soon.

Hope all goes well there.

Hedgehog