Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Carers / rescuing a hedgehog Will my hogs come back Reply To: Will my hogs come back

Had the same problem around 3 years back, with a badger coming into the garden. The hedgehogs dispersed and kept away. Like Nic i like badgers but it is not a good mix to have in the garden, my personal opinion.
How it was solved for me was that i stopped putting out food at night and cleared any spilt bird food. It took a few months or so, but the badger got the message and cleared off. The hedgehogs came back into the garden a little while later.
You probably wont be the only one feeding the hedgehogs so they wont go hungry. And with the warmer weather there will be more natural food around. Tough choice stopping the food, but sometimes we have to take them.

Willpar.

Hedgehog