Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Why do Hogs visit every night for about a week then just vanish Reply To: Why do Hogs visit every night for about a week then just vanish

I totally agree, I moved into my house 5 yrs ago and basically the garden was a blank canvas. Had it re-designed but then unable to find any landscaper capable of understanding the plans and really had no idea, I think they were builders not landscape gardeners. I am waiting for Joel Ashton to make a site visit in a few months and hopefully start creating my wildlife friendly garden, have decided I want the largest possible size wildlife pond, no pesticides ever allowed in my garden. Planted 2 native hedges 2yrs ago to hide fencing and provide more nesting sites for birds and just about to plant the final one, all have hog holes along various areas of the fencing. Hoping once the garden and all shrubs have been planted hogs might like to take up residence in my garden and keep far away from the fields. One think I am a little confused about the hogs never seem to cover my whole garden, they seem to stick to the first quarter of the lawn where I’ve placed a feeding station so other cats don’t eat the food. They don’t seem to wonder to the very back where they are more likely to find snails and slugs yet they go round and round the same area, sometimes for hours on end. Not worked that one out yet.

Hedgehog