Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Please help. My activism isn’t working. Reply To: Please help. My activism isn’t working.

I’m not enjoying it anymore. I’ve delivered hundreds more and nobody else has got back to me, and the previously mentioned one person who has isn’t even answering messages. I’m really struggling to stay motivated when I can’t see if my effort is even having any impact and I feel like I’ve been rejected by thousands of people all at once. It’s really getting me down and ruining my confidence. I couldn’t do anything today, partly because I’ve had a productive and overstimulating few days and I ended up having a shutdown, but also partly because I once again don’t feel like anything I’m doing is working. I feel overwhelmed. I feel sad. I feel like I’m wasting my time. I probably have rejection sensitivity dysphoria as well, so that’s not helping. I just want to help hedgehogs, but it seems like most people don’t. What can I do that will actually have an impact that I can see? Maybe it’d be easier to reach people on Facebook or something, but I’m not much of a social media person. I think people are less likely to respond to something that comes through their door than something they see online, but I’m still worried I’m gonna be ignored there too, or that people who don’t care are already judging me. I’m not really comfortable using social media. It’s too anxiety inducing for me. Like I don’t want to be ignored when I’m trying to raise awareness of something important, but I also don’t like being perceived in general, and I was nervous enough about the leaflets, but more people will see it online. I know it’s a good thing for awareness if it reaches a wider audience, but any confidence I had to let that happen has been destroyed. I want to help hedgehogs in any way I can, but I’m really struggling mentally to continue doing that. What should I do? I feel worse if I’m not doing something to help.

Hedgehog