Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Please help. My activism isn’t working. Reply To: Please help. My activism isn’t working.

Nic

Hi Echinoserious

If I were you, I would give delivering leaflets a miss for a while and concentrate on enjoying the hedgehog visitors – as well as making your own garden as hog friendly as you can – and give it a bit of time.

Just bear in mind that people tend to get loads of leaflets through their doors and they often get put aside (without being looked at) to potentially look at later. People can get ‘leaflet fatigue’ – especially when there have recently been elections and lots of leaflets around. So you could get responses a long time after the leaflets are delivered if someone suddenly finds the hedgehog one. But also bear in mind that some people are wary of contacting others that they don’t know.

So it is in no way a rejection of you or even that they don’t like hogs but that maybe they are overwhelmed with other things. We never know what is going on in other people’s lives.

The way I see it, delivering all those leaflets has to be worthwhile even if only one person is converted to helping hedgehogs. Remember they might decide to help the hogs without you ever knowing about it, but if you hadn’t delivered the leaflets they may not have done.

Give yourself a break for a while and try to enjoy nature.

Good luck.

Hedgehog