Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Please help. My activism isn’t working. Reply To: Please help. My activism isn’t working.

Thanks for the kind words. I know my emotional response to the disappointing outcome wasn’t completely logical, but rejection sensitivity dysphoria is a trait I have, so I couldn’t really help it. I was disappointed from the first day that nobody was contacting me, because I had what turned out to be unrealistic expectations. I managed to delay my emotional response to this disappointment and hyperfocus on delivering more for a few days, but then I had a shutdown and the rejection sensitivity dysphoria hit me. Because I’d delayed it, it was worse than it would normally be, so it took me a few days to process and rationalise it, but after that I was fine. I don’t feel so bad about it now. I’ve learned that delivering stuff through people’s letterboxes isn’t the most effective way to connect with people and see the outcome of my work, and I need to try social media. I’m glad I delivered a lot because that means some people almost certainly have done something to help, just without contacting me. I now have plans to continue making a difference, but in a way that I’ll be able to see more of the outcome of my work. I’m going to use Facebook. I’ll start a group on there and try and organise a cake sale for the Hedgehog Street Campaign. I would’ve done already, but I’ve had a lot of stuff to sort out this week, and I have a driving test on Monday that I need to be ready for, so I’ve planned to make an account on Facebook on Tuesday. Oh, and in case you don’t have a lot of knowledge about some of the things I mentioned and you’re confused, I should explain that delayed emotional responses, hyperfocus, shutdowns, rejection sensitivity dysphoria and rationalising emotions are all traits of autism and/or ADHD, and I have both. I was just using accurate language to explain what happened and why. Idk how much you understood. There are both upsides and downsides to having this type of brain.

Hedgehog