Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat BHPS A24 TRAP PETITION POSTERS & LEAFLETS Reply To: BHPS A24 TRAP PETITION POSTERS & LEAFLETS

Hi Nic,

I have just received a very disappointing reply to the letter I sent to our MP, it sounds very similar to the reply you received; basically DEFRA’s response to the petition and the insistence that it can only be used to kill rats & stoats and that an artificial tunnel is the answer! Did he not even read my letter…the bit where I stated that hedgehogs like investigating tunnels and will cram themselves into the smallest of spaces…ARGHHHH!!!

I hope that you have more luck with your second letter and that they actually bother to read it.

Since discovering hogs in our garden and them getting used to a regular supply of grub, holidays have become a real issue. In an attempt to solve this conundrum I ordered an automatic pet feeder which has just arrived along with the offending letter. It has 6 compartments which will open automatically at a specified time and will even play a personalised message, just in case they miss me…ha, ha, ha! There’s just one problem, it won’t fit into the feeding station, so it looks another trip to a well known diy store for some more bricks; yes these pampered hogs are now going to get themselves one heck of an extension.

Hedgehog