Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat BHPS A24 TRAP PETITION POSTERS & LEAFLETS Reply To: BHPS A24 TRAP PETITION POSTERS & LEAFLETS

Nic

Hi Penny

From what I can make out the first letter is always the standard blurb. Likewise from the MPs. I have sent my 2nd letter to DEFRA and 3rd to my MP. He did actually say that as I felt so strongly about it he would refer it to the DEFRA ministers. But he also said that the traps are not widely available that the they were mostly used by farmers and game keepers who had the expertise to set them up properly, etc. That sort of thing, which I felt needed correcting. Still awaiting replies from both of these. I also found a tweet on Goodnature uk site with a photo of a trap set up with no tunnels or casing – easily accessible for a hedgehog by the look of things.

Good news that the Petition signatures shot up by over 1,000 on Monday. Something to do with details being retweeted by Brian May, I think. We still need to keep up the pressure. There is a long way to go.

You have some very lucky hogs there. Would be interested to hear how it works.

Dear old Digger returned last night. She is the oldest of my female visitors. The boys needless to say were very excited and there were hogs running round everywhere. She was ‘not amused’. Always think she is a bit like Q. Victoria!

Hedgehog