Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Marking Hedgehogs? Reply To: Marking Hedgehogs?

Funny that, I took 3 hogs to overwinter with a carer and they were all marked so the carer knew which ones were ‘mine’ for when they were ready to be released.
I do understand what you are saying about marking hogs and they should be left ‘au natural’ but you also want to know how many hogs are out there as numbers are in decline? What about those of us who don’t have the luxury of time (long shifts, early to bed early to rise) or cameras to monitor the hogs? How else are we to discover how many hogs are out there? You could be seeing the same one many times each night OR many different ones once per night.

Hedgehog