Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Environment / times of sightings ?? Reply To: Environment / times of sightings ??

Nic

Hi again

You can’t really tell whether they are male or female from their size. Some females can be quite big. I think they tend to get bigger as they get older, although, having said that some always seem to stay on the small side.

Just to illustrate how contrary hedgehogs can be sometimes – I didn’t have any hog visitors last night until 11.15 and then, judging from the Cams it was a very quiet night. That’ll teach me to say the first one usually arrives at 8.50!

I find it very worrying when that happens, especially now those ghastly traps are around, but it does, occasionally. Just hope they arrive as usual tonight.

Hedgehog