Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Nic

Hi Annie and Wildlifehaven . It has been very dry here too and like you Wildlifehaven the water butts are very low. I think we need at least a day’s rain to fill them up again. The birds will keep bathing in the water bowls and emptying them of water, so they keep needing filling as well. You would think the dry weather would attract the hogs back to our gardens for food and drink, but like you say, it has been quite cold some nights.

I’m pleased to say there have been hogs back here at a reasonable hour again tonight, after two very quiet nights. Dear old Digger – the oldest of the girls was only 15 minutes late! I went out to get the bowls in just now and could hear some courtship going on in the depths of the flowerbed.

I remember before I joined Hedgehog Street, reading about all the hogs everyone had back and none had returned here, but they did eventually and I hope some hogs visit both of you again soon. With all that food waiting for them, they’d be silly not to!

Hedgehog