Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Environment / times of sightings ?? Reply To: Environment / times of sightings ??

jan

I am so happy, one of our hogs has come back this year. It’s been around three weeks with nightly visits. He (we just call him he (Ralph)) is usually here around 9.30, but the security cameras have picked him up later. He usually makes several visits each night we have discovered. We have a feeding station for him and he goes in with no hesitation. We feed commercial hog food and lots of meal worms which are always devoured. We have just bought a hedgehog house and put it behind the wood pile, this seems to be where he comes into the garden from. We had two in the garden at the same time last year, one had a much lighter face but so far we have only seen the one. I’m so thrilled he’s back, and must confess I get worried if I haven’t seen him before I go to bed. I’m going to put him a bit of cat meat down for him now in his feeding box

Hedgehog