Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Marking Hedgehogs? Reply To: Marking Hedgehogs?

Unfortunately like you Nic, some of our hogs have now started turning up covered with spots and stripes including Simba! One hog which I believe is Arnie, has a large v running right across his back from one side to the other. At first I thought that they had probably picked up these strange markings playing around on a building site nearby, but no they are definitely manmade. I understand that people may want to try and identify them and work out how many nightly visitors they have, but is it really necessary to cover them in so much graffiti and spoil their natural beauty. For those of you who use excessive amounts of paint ask yourself this… as the days start to get longer and the hedgehogs start to appear whilst it’s still daylight, you might just get the chance to capture a few photographs of these wonderful creatures in all their splendour. Such a great pity then, after waiting all year for this rare opportunity that they should all look like some weird version of noughts and crosses! 🙁

Hedgehog