Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat HEDGEHOGS UNDER THREAT. PLEASE SIGN BHPS PETITION. Reply To: HEDGEHOGS UNDER THREAT. PLEASE SIGN BHPS PETITION.

Nic

Hi everyone.
I had no idea how these things worked before, but I have just seen from the Petition home page that:
‘All petitions will now close at 00:01am on 3 May 2017
There will be an early General Election on Thursday 8 June. This means that Parliament has to be dissolved at 00:01am (just after midnight) on Wednesday 3 May, and that all parliamentary business – including petitions – has to stop.
Find out more on the Petitions Committee website’

The Petitions Committee website basically, says that all the Petitions are completely cancelled. Any signatures cannot be carried over. A new Petition has to be started after the General Election.

I suppose this would have been even worse if we had been further along the line with the Petition.

I have recently written my third letter to DEFRA. Their first and second responses were just pretty much the government line. I don’t know what happens to things like that now. Whether they are all disregarded as well. I said (amongst other things) that I appreciated there were other matters under way at present, but that hedgehogs did not have the luxury of time. And that a simple decision needs to be taken to remove the licence for the A24 trap immediately.

Looks like the hedgehogs (along with many other things, I suppose) are going to be let down by the General Election.

I hope BHPS will start a new Petition after the Election and then we will all have to sign again!

Hedgehog