Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Hi Annie

Know how you feel, we’ve still no visitors either since the few sightings early spring. For now it’s just me and Bert the frog and the newts. I keep putting food out, tried every trick under the sun a plastic tub feeding station with 2 trays of water in front, bowls of food with saucers on, a feeding station with a long tunnel entrance but fat cat still gets the meat grrrrr! Keep putting spikes moist, peanuts and sunflower seeds out too in case of any visitors and of course fresh water.

So please to get the rain tonight, wasn’t enough but at least it’s a start, we really need a good few days of some decent steady rain. It’s lovely to see the worms out of the lawn whizzing back down when I shine the torch on them. Hopefully the worms have some special wormy scent and any hogs in the area will smell them and come visit!

Hedgehog