Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Light hedgehog with pink nose? Reply To: Light hedgehog with pink nose?

Nic

Hi Melamberx

That is an interesting looking hedgehog! I don’t think they do get lighter when they get older. One or two hedgehogs which visit here have pale spines, but they have dark noses as normal. One of the hogs which returned from overwintering had pink patches on her nose, but not completely pink like the one in your photo and her spines aren’t as pale.

It looks to me like you might have one of the blonde ones, although in the book I have it describes them as white or yellowish – I have never seen one, so not sure. It is certainly quite different from anything I have seen here. Will be interested to hear what anyone else thinks.

Hedgehog