Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings New Hogs in the Street :) Reply To: New Hogs in the Street :)

Well done for stopping.
If you have a hedgehog[s] locally, I understand they go quite a distance every night.
If you’d like to experiment? my local pound shop offers bags of dried mealworms as bird food.
Quite by chance I discovered that
1. Hedgehogs love these!
2. Can smell them from afar! [ evidence – I put some out after midnight and very often see my visitors within 20 minutes ]
Good news is my local fox doesn’t like them, and if they get left your local robins and blackbirds won’t let them go to waste!
I think people of a certain age get a big thrill seeing what was so common when we were kids?

Hedgehog