Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Hi Nic, glad Digger’s around, sensible of her to ignore her suitors especially at mealtime.

Heavenly rain almost all last night, lots of worms wriggling about. Set up the camera and just after midnight spotted a spiky visitor to the food who spent a long time around the pots after bugs of all sorts, treading on very long and wiggly worms and not eating them! As the hog left it was obviously very wet, shook itself vigorously like a little dog and almost fell over with the effort.

Hogs have such large areas I suppose they can’t cover every garden nightly, not to mention hazards that may occur on particular nights to make them change their route a bit. Glad I don’t know for sure if they cross roads but round here they’d pretty much have to and one is an A road so very fast & busy.

Sammy9 do you think there’s a word for people like us who go looking for poo in their gardens, quite a funny picture imagining us all scouring the borders for the stuff. I break it up to see what they’ve been eating but sometimes (as this week) it’s just fibrous and nothing interesting. Sure your hogs will appear soon.

Hope Bert the frog and the newts are still keeping you company til the hogs appear to join the gang Wildlifehaven.

Hedgehog