Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Marking Hedgehogs? Reply To: Marking Hedgehogs?

I’ve just joined, and it’s very interesting to read this as I was wondering how I could gauge developments with my resident hogs, whether to mark and what with. My first instinct was a water based garden furniture paint as I have a few tester pots, although I do baulk at upsetting my treasured visitor(s). A visitor to my hedgie cafe last night was of similar size, but I think a different ‘waddle’, to my usual cheeky hog. I felt guilty enough picking it up to check if its different gait was an injury. Usually if I stand still it toddles up for a hello and sniff then carries on. I can’t sit out every night, I just check the food and water supply daily but I think it is quite important to set up some data management for collation somewhere, not just for my benefit, but to enable projects and progress to come from it.

Hedgehog