Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Nic

Hi Annie

So pleased to hear the hogs are returning there. They do seem to be extremely supple, when trying to scratch, etc. Lucky you, having lots of rain! We need more here, but it is a lovely sunny day today and the birds are enjoying it.

Watching time was very quiet here last night and then there were four at once at one time on the patio cam. Very remiss of them not to arrive when I am up to watch them! I had a cat visiting earlier so had to put the remainder of the food in one of the hog boxes. Several clips of rear ends of hogs disappearing into the box! And one hog having a good sniff all round. Not sure whether he was working out where to get in, or whether there was another hog already in there which he could smell.

Yes, I agree, it is fun seeing what’s on the cams in the morning. So, does yours record continuous action for four hours? I have one of mine doing 20 second clips and the gate cam on photos – because it uses less batteries that way. I was getting through so many batteries that I have taken to using rechargeable ones. They don’t recommend it, but I think it might be because they are only 1.2v and the ordinary ones are 1.5v. But I have found that if I put the full 8 batteries in, it works ok. I seem to constantly have some recharging. Have you seen anything else interesting on your cam? Here it has been hogs, cats and woodmice.

Hedgehog