Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Would like to hear from other hedgehog champions! Reply To: Would like to hear from other hedgehog champions!

Hello Nic

Many thanks for your reply! I have often wondered at the food quality of mealworms alone for the hedgehogs. I can totally see that they would be a low value. I’ve tried other foods and they just get left – or the many local cats are in at night as well….

However – our garden used to be difficult to have decent plants, especially young plants. Since our three visitors have been in the slug / snail population has decreased greatly and we have far less problem with slug / snail damage.

I was interested to see a photo of a frog being eaten by a hedgehog on here…..we have a lot of frogs in our (hedgehog friendly!) pond as well!

Maybe the few mealworms we add are the extra…

I think I’ll also try again using a different food – I’ll have another look on the food section…

As to doing the best you can getting people to be aware – as seems to be the way now – people can be quite indifferent to something like this. We CAN only do our best as you say!

The photo was uploaded to my website media files area and the resulting link shows the images……does that help? If you click the img link above a post area it comes up with a box asking for a link – to the image…. I am wondering how this can be achieved if you don’t have a website…..

Many thanks for your comments, I’ll pop over to look at the food section again

Bye for now

Mike

Hedgehog