Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Hedgehog signs and sightings Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared Reply To: Our little hog friend of last year hasn't reappeared

Hi Nic

Haha, best to remember to turn the camera back on! Have me going out in my red dressing gown to pick up the empty dish on a few of our recordings now.

Digger is obviously a precious hog to you, hope I’m lucky enough to see hogs long enough to recognise them & see them return year after year.

Last couple of nights we’ve had a huge hog, he’s at least 12″ nose to tail, possibly longer. Very itchy, he does a lot of contortions with long legs reaching pretty much anywhere he wants to scratch. His forehead spikes were well forward last night though he was the only one there. Like a little helmet almost. He’s very dark coloured.

So hard to identify them, one girl has a clear stripe down her nose & light patches on her lower back but need to spend more time looking closely at video to sort them out.

Frank doesn’t use either house at the moment but no hog seems interested in them so he’ll have his pick come the summer evenings when he likes to snooze out there in the cooler air. He often appears on video walking past the feeding hogs & takes no notice apart from the time he had to jump over them. They ignore him too. All old hat to them I suppose, it’s just us humans who are intrigued by the comings & goings of our wildlife.

Another interesting evening ahead I hope, is your garden hotting up now re hog activity?

Hedgehog