Accessibility Homepage Skip navigation Sitemap

Forum

Register and log in to gain access to our forums and chat about everything 'hedgehog'!

Thank you for looking to contribute to the Hedgehog Street forum. Please note that when submitting replies or posts, these are run through our spam-checkers, so there may be a slight delay in your posts appearing, and reflecting in the forum post details below. However, if you think anything has gone awry please contact us.

The views and opinions expressed in this forum do not necessarily represent the views of PTES or BHPS.

Home Forums Champions’ chat Hogs vs Cats Reply To: Hogs vs Cats

Hi Nic,

Thanks for replying. I am very careful not to give too much of any one type of food and do vary what i put out each night. I am going to check the different sections for tips. Last year i was putting out dry Hog food and the cats still ate it, this turned it into quite an expensive season. I even tried putting food out in small amounts where the hogs travelled but these cats are relentless.

I had 5 hogs last year in my garden all at the same time and that was the only time i never saw a cat. Mind you, two of those hogs were the size of cats, they were huge. Sadly the numbers went down and i noticed the bigger/older hogs didn’t eat the dry food ๐Ÿ™ Maybe their old teeth couldn’t cope, or thats what i thought anyway.

Need to go in a minute and prep for tonight just in case Ninja Boy appears. I started calling the hog that last year as it came through the garden like a Ninja loll Hiding behind plant pots, running to hide behind the bird table etc so funny. He is the only 1 i have seen this year so far so i miss him ๐Ÿ™ Because of his actions i know its the same hog plus i think he hibernated in the house i got for them.
Thanks.

Hedgehog